"I am not one who typically enjoys talking about herself or her feelings, but I am very thankful for the opportunity to share my story through The Yarn.
"It was liberating to show the audience how much I have in common with them, and it served as a reminder to me of what others find surprising about my story."
- Katie Barnes, storyteller
share your story
When we share personal stories, our world feels a little smaller. They can remind us that a stranger isn’t necessarily a stranger after all. And our storytellers and audience members agree in the power of story to reflect inward, shape our own views, and bring our community together.
Through stories we find common ground. In storytellers, we find our neighbors and friends. On stage, we find freedom to express the truest truth - our lived experience - through laughter, tears, and moments of vulnerability. And we invite you to share your story.
the storytelling process:
- Check out our upcoming shows.
- Pick a topic that speaks to you.
- Fill out the storyteller submission form.
- We'll let you know if you're picked!
- Meet for a one-on-one coaching session.
- Attend dress rehearsal with other storytellers.
- It's showtime! Share your eight minute story on The Yarn stage.